Wednesday 4 February 2015

Young Thug Says Jay Z's Too Old To Rap

GQ continues to unload interviews from its
Legacy Project, which profiles 19 of the top
music makers who've made a lasting impact on
the entertainment industry.
Several Hip Hop artists have been included thus
far, such as Rick Ross, Future, Nas and Pharrell.
Also included among those aforementioned
artists is ATL upstart Young Thug.
Thugger's rise through the Hip Hop industry
took off in 2013, when he signed to Gucci
Mane's 1017 Brick Squad Records.
Now, the rapper tells GQ he would like to
remain relevant forever.
"I'ma be here forever," Thug says in the Q&A. "I
don't want to rap forever. But I want to be rich
forever. I don't want to be 50 years old and
rapping, man. I'm pretty sure nobody wants to
do that."
Thug, born Jeffrey Williams, is currently 23-
years-old. As he gets older, he believes the
youth may not find him as appeasing, due to
the generational gap.
Jay Z, who is 45-years-old, has proved
otherwise, but Thug isn't looking to follow in the
Hip Hop mogul's footsteps.
"If you're 30, 40 years old, you're not getting
listened to by minors," Thug said. "Like, Jay Z
has some of the sickest lyrics ever, but I would
never buy his CD, just because of my age and
because of his age. By the time I turn that old, I
ain't gonna be doing what he's doing... I'm
pretty sure Jay Z don't wanna rap right now."
Instead, the "Lifestyle" rapper hopes his career
will pan out like Bill Gates' or Lil Wayne's.

No comments: